You do not have to wait to understand that he just isn’t into you. Here are the facts as you’ve related them to me:
- He cheated on you, and wasn’t going to tell you about it.
- He showed no signs of remorse or concern when he picked you up at the airport.
- He put the emphasis on you to forget about it — rather than on him having to change.
- He has told he doesn’t want to fight to gain back your trust.
- His words don’t match his actions. He says regaining your trust is the number one priority in his life — then promptly does nothing about it.
You need someone more dedicated to you than he is. 6 weeks isn’t that long in the scheme of things. My advice is do everything you can to wrap up this phase of your life, and use the move to transition into a life with better friends, and a better boyfriend.
You may want to get a list of the books that are going to be required in your first classes in PA school and begin reading. Typically the course load is full the first semester. Why not get started on something that you know have direct value in your life. Shift your attention to your needs and goals, and begin detaching from him emotionally. There isn’t much he has to offer at this point other than his empty words without action.
When you get to the new school you can take advantage of their counseling center if you need to.