Home » Retired and disabled

Retired and disabled

I’ve lost all my family. NO one knows if I’m still here or not. I have heart trouble, several health issues and desperately trying to keep my head above water financially too. Been to therapy; makes me more blue. Not going back that way. Can’t change the issue of missing my loved ones. Meds have made health conditions worse or more complicated. I don’t think you have an answer for me that I haven’t poured myself into, but thought I’d try. Thank you.

Retired and disabled

A.

Thank you for reaching out to us here at PsychCentral. I understand how lonely and isolating it can be without your family. Yet there are many other people out there who may be willing to connect. It sounds like therapy and medicine haven’t given you the shift you were hoping for, but what has happened is that you have learned you can reach out with the Internet. Your email to us is an indication that you have hope and willingness.

I will encourage you to continue in this vein with our free online support forums. They are a start for connecting, and may give you some relief from th isolation. Many people can relate to your situation and I encourage you to connect here.

Retired and disabled