Home » Why Do I Blink a Lot?

Why Do I Blink a Lot?

I blink a lot uncontrollably squeezing my eyes. I also breathe funny not for any reason but habit… also I tense up at times to “make sure” and I do other wierd things like this…. I’m not really able to control it and It’s embarassing I do like nicholas cages character in matchstick men. I dont know why I do this but I’d like to know and figure out how to stop this ridiculous behavior. Anybody know whats up?

Why Do I Blink a Lot?

A.

It’s possible that you have a tic disorder. Tic disorders are involuntary muscle movements. Eye blinking, by the way, is common. Often a person who has them feels them coming on and may be able to suppress them for awhile. But ultimately, it feels like the muscle tic just has to happen. There are a number of possible causes. I suggest you talk to your doctor about where to go to get an evaluation. Once you understand the cause, you may be able to find out how to make it better.

Why Do I Blink a Lot?