Home » My stepdad is an abuser

My stepdad is an abuser

My step dad is an abuser and I finally had the nerve to call the cops this time, he now has a set court date and my mom is really mad at me. My mom lies to me now and calls me fat and lazy and useless. My real dad is a loser in Iowa I have never seen him before. But I really just need an answer on what to do with my mom because I cry almost everyday and I just don’t know what to do.

My stepdad is an abuser

A.

I am glad you are standing up for yourself and not allowing the abuse. As you list your age as 13 I would talk to the school guidance counselor to help you with some support during the court hearing. School guidance counselors typically have information about advocates in your community and state who can help children of abusive parents. You may also want to call the police in town and ask if they can get someone, a counselor, for you to talk to as you go through this. They know how scary it can be for a child to go through this.

Finally, here is a link to the US Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Children and Families. They have links on their web page that can get you some direct help and they can find help in your area.

I admire your courage. Don’t be afraid to take the next step and get some support for what you are going through.

My stepdad is an abuser