Home » Why do I want bad things to happen?

Why do I want bad things to happen?

For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted something bad to happen. I’ve especially always wanted a home invasion to happen in my house (I know thats really random) because I think that would be pretty exciting. I’ve always wanted to be in a near death situation and when I was younger and was in a car, I would always hope that we would crash.

Is there any reason why I want these things to happen?

Why do I want bad things to happen?

A.

I appreciate you asking this question. Since you list your age as 16 I can imagine how difficult it is to have these thoughts. I can’t know for sure because there is too little information, but the fact that there is a theme of potential harm to you is a key factor. There are many things that can cause this type of ideation. Often it is because there was an unsafe experience that happened earlier in a person’s life that was unresolved. My encouragement is for you to talk to a counselor at school and tell them about these thoughts. They are in a good position to help you with it.

You took a big step by talking about it to us. Now I would find someone who can help you from here.

Why do I want bad things to happen?