Home » I am being bullied

I am being bullied

I am 40 and moved to a new place with my mother and elder sister. When they go to work some of the small boys living in the street used to bully me when I have a walk or buy something, they did that for month. The last time one of them beat me till I nearly cried. Also I was subject to bullying thru my life and at school. Now I feel afraid as general and from men and boys in particular. my mother and sister knew and they will take me to a psychotherapist for talking treatment. Is that all what I need?

I am being bullied

A.

I am sorry you are having so many issues in your neighborhood. I am not sure of the cultural differences that may exist when it comes to involving the authorities in your country. But I am going to recommend in addition to therapy you press charges against the bullies. Every study I have seen on this sort of behavior indicates that dealing with bullies directly with strong clear sanctions is what is necessary. Bullies target those they think can’t or won’t fight back. Therapy is good, but standing up for yourself with support from the authorities is what is needed.

I am being bullied