Home » Constantly being called names

Constantly being called names

About 1 year ago I was in a relationship with an older guy who I also soon found out was an illegal alien… my father pressed charges against my will… as I thought I loved the guy and that he loved me at the time at that point I felt that there was no reason for to live and wanted to kill myself. I was brought to a behavioral health center and prescribed Prozac, I was feeling better after this and also continuing with therapy, I had recently stopped going to therapy and taking the meds, and decided that I don’t wish to take meds any more. I was doing fine w/o them for a few months (over the summer) I am now back in high school and trying to have a relationship, but people in my school don’t know what rely happened and they all think that it was all my fault and that is my fault this guy is now a registered pedophile, so I am constantly being called names such as a slut / whore etc. this is really effecting my friendships / relationships. I don’t know how to deal with this or tell my current boyfriend why people r saying the things they do b/c they annoy him as well and he knows nothing about anything that happened last year. Please help me!

Constantly being called names

A.

I am sorry you are going through such a hard time at school.

It may be very difficult for you to imagine, but you were taken advantage of. You were underage, and there are laws that protect young people from adults who should know better.

While I understand you may not want to take medicine, I think therapy is essential because of the confusion, conflict and pain you are feeling. I hope you will return to therapy, even if you choose not to take the medicine.

Constantly being called names