Home » OCD » Obsessive thoughts of infidelity

Obsessive thoughts of infidelity

I am a female who have obsessive thoughts about fictional and real life women who have had numerous affairs. The women are married and promiscuous. I am afraid of watching tv shows and movies and reading books that may or may not have adulterous wives. I am afraid of dealing with new thoughts. I even try to do research online as to why wives cheat and how many men the wife cheats on her husband with.

Obsessive thoughts of infidelity

A.

“Never waste jealousy on a real man: it is the imaginary man that supplants us all in the long run.” – — George Bernard Shaw

My guess is that since you noted your age as mid-30s and single that you are concerned about whether you can make a commitment. Since you are so concerned about women who cheat on their husbands you may be worried that you might make a commitment to a man only to find yourself drawn to others and tempted with infidelity.

If this sounds right to you I would look for a therapy group for singles in your area to explore your concerns. If this somehow seems off make an appointment with a therapist (here is a referral list) to discuss your concerns.

By dealing with your fears directly it is likely these thoughts will diminish.

Obsessive thoughts of infidelity