Home » Medication after gastric bypass surgery

Medication after gastric bypass surgery

I had gastric bypass surgery in September. Before having surgery my depression medication was working fine. After surgery it stopped working. My doctor put me on a medication that disolves under my tongue. Problem is it’s not working. I have anxiety, major depression, I cry when situations get to me. I am irratible. When my meds worked I could handle things better. I am trying to find a medication that can be better absorbed, and that can be more effective than lamictal. I am currently on 200mg and it’s not working. Can you tell me what medications would work with my gastric bypass surgery?

Medication after gastric bypass surgery

A.

I’m very sorry. I can’t help you with this because I’m not an MD. You need to work with your doctors. If you aren’t already seeing a psychiatrist regarding your antidepressant medication, I strongly suggest that you do so. Your psychiatrist should be working in consultation with your surgeon to help you. It may take a few weeks or more to discover what will be most helpful for you.

In the meantime, if you’re not seeing a counselor, I encourage you to do so. Talk therapy often provides some immediate relief while waiting for the medication to kick in.

Medication after gastric bypass surgery