Home » I don’t know what’s going on anymore

I don’t know what’s going on anymore

From an 11 year old girl:
Hi, I haven’t been like my self lately and I have so many worries that don’t make any sence to worry about dum stuff and right know I have no idea what I’m feeling I’m kind of just blank.I mean for the worring is like eg) “Oh I wander how my personality is is it more like House (from the show House md) or is it like Abby from the show NCIS or witch one should I pick so be like House or Abby and I would think about that everyday for literly when I wake up to when I fall asleep and I don’t want to do that anymore becuase it is annoying!!!

I don’t know what’s going on anymore

A.

It’s hard for me to know what to make of this without more information. It’s normal for a girl your age to be thinking about what kind of person she wants to be. On the other hand, you say you get very worried about it and think about it nonstop all day. That just might be a symptom of an anxiety disorder or obsessive-complusive disorder.

Here’s the good news. You don’t have to keep going around and around about it in your head like this. Ask your folks if they will take you to a counselor for an evaluation. An evaluation will give you peace of mind and will suggest treatment if you need it. If your counselor figures out you are a normal preteen who is a little more sensitive than most, she will give you some ways to calm yourself and to focus your thinking. If you do have an anxiety disorder or OCD, she may suggest some medications to help you as well as some counseling.

I don’t know what’s going on anymore