Home » Ask the Therapist » Should I trust my Boyfriend?

Should I trust my Boyfriend?

me and my boyfriend has been friends since sixth grade and now we are now 15 and dating. we have been dating for 10 months. he use to mess with this other girl and now we all attend the same school. he has never lied to me or hurt me. i want to trust him, but the girl he use to mess with before me told me that they just had sex 3 weeks ago and it hurt me so bad. i dont know what to do or think. i love him with all my heart and we’ve been through everything together. SHOULD I TRUST HE’S NOT DOING ANYTHING OR JUST FORGET ABOUT OUR RELATIONSHIP????

Should I trust my Boyfriend?

A.

I don’t understand. If your boyfriend has never lied to you or hurt you, why would you believe the other girl and not him? Love and trust aren’t things that should be thrown away because of a comment. Before you walk away from what could be a nice relationship, have a talk with your boyfriend. Calmly tell him what the other girl said and tell him how much it hurt you. This is a chance for the two of you to work on the rules for your relationship. If the two of you can talk this out without accusations or defensiveness, you will move your relationship to a new and deeper level.

Should I trust my Boyfriend?