Home » Depression » Depression Turning Into Anger

Depression Turning Into Anger

Well this is probably the third question ive asked. But a lot of the times i get horrible thoughts. I want to hurt people so bad and it eats at me. I dont have any friends and my family has serious problems, actually medical problems. And these problems cause them to be anger and verbally cruel and sometimes they go into a rage. And at school i am very nice but everyone just seems to make fun of me or spit me in the face. I used to be just really depressed. But now its starting to turn into thoughts of wanting to hurt people, sometimes even kill people. I would kill but i just think about it, id be to scared to and im the kind of person that would feel really really guilty. But i just want to hit someone. And these thoughts become very violent and extreme. Im afraid im going to do somthing dumb some day what do i do?

Depression Turning Into Anger

A.

You can’t ignore this problem. You recognize that you are having thoughts of wanting to hurt or kill people. At this point in time they’re only thoughts. You have done nothing wrong and have not committed a crime. The most appropriate action you can take is to see a psychiatrist or a mental health professional. I understand that you are angry and depressed and that it’s difficult to endure the cruel words of other people. Anybody would feel upset and angry if they had people making fun of them.

What you cannot do is let these individuals run your life. You’re letting them get you upset to the point where you’re actually considering committing a crime, a crime that will likely land you in prison for the rest of your life. Are these people truly worth you giving up the rest of your life? Are these individuals worth you spending your time in a small prison cell closed off from the world just so you can get back at them for saying mean things about you? The answer to these questions is absolutely no; these people are not worth you losing your life for.

Please consider making an appointment with a counselor. With the counselor you can talk about how these words make you feel. You can explore in counseling why they make you so angry and you can learn a different response to your anger. You can learn to manage your emotions in a manner that is not detrimental to you or others around you. I hope you will seek help immediately. Jails and prisons are filled with people who recognize only too late that there are other ways to deal with anger. Don’t learn this lesson the hard way. Be smart, be proactive and recognize your need for help now and not later when you’ll regret your actions.

Depression Turning Into Anger