Home » I don’t like how I treat my son

I don’t like how I treat my son

My behavior changed towards my kid. I have been very relaxed, calm, worm, carring, sweet, loving, supportive of my sun until about a month ago. I have no patience or tolarance for mistakes or errors. If I ask my kid a question and he dosent answer i will snap because he is not paying attention to me I will yell at him etc. things i have not done before. I’m not beating him I just feel I dont love him as much anymore. I don’t want or like the way I am. I have a lot of strees need to move soon don’t get along with my mom very well It’s ok or bad it’s never good. Since my sun was born I was bringing the bread and worrying about tomorrow and even now that he’s almost 4 i’m still on my own with everything. I need advice.

I don’t like how I treat my son

A.

It sounds to me like your life feels very out of control to you. The one thing you can control is your little boy. You’re overdoing it with him because you’re unable to figure out how to take hold of yourself. You aren’t a bad person. You love your son enough to be concerned about how you are treating him and to write for advice. Now it’s time to take care of yourself so life can be a bit easier and you can be the kind of mom you want to be.

You need to be talking to someone who can help you figure out if there are changes you can make that will give you some relief from the constant worry about supporting yourself and your son. It might even be helpful for you and your mom to see a counselor together. With a little help, it’s possible you two could be a support for each other.

You are lucky to live in an area where there are many options for obtaining excellent counseling services. Go online and find the nearest community mental health center. The YMCA organization also may have affordable counseling.

The first step was writing to PsychCentral. Please follow through and take the next steps to get the support you and your son need and deserve.

I don’t like how I treat my son