Home » Ask the Therapist » Relationships » Sexuality » Sexual Exploration Between Boys

Sexual Exploration Between Boys

i was never sexually abused as a child but ever since like 5th grade i have been having these weird sexual feelings. i dont know why i am having them.
Me and my cousin hang out all the time and we started masturbating together and doing a lot of stuff together and he is about 4 years younger than me. while we do i know it is wrong and i feel horrible afterwards i feel that it is going to hurt the both of us in the long run. what do you think is wrong with me?
i need your help really bad

Sexual Exploration Between Boys

A.

I’m very glad you wrote. Sitting with questions like these all that time must have been very hard. It’s very normal to have sexual feelings and curiosity at your age. It’s not at all unusual for boys to check each other out and to masturbate together in their early to mid teens.

What could get you in trouble, though, is the age difference between you and your cousin. I realize it just got going because you hang out together a lot. But it would be wise to stop this activity with him unless you know for sure what the laws of your state have to say about your ages.

For more detailed answers to your questions about sex, you need to be able to have a conversation, not just the advice I can give in a letter. The San Francisco Sex Information Line provides free counseling in all aspects of human sexuality. They are confidential and open-minded. Call 415-989-SFSI Monday – Thursday 3:00 – 9:00 p.m., Friday 3:00 – 7:00 and weekends 2:00 – 6:00 PST. Really. You can ask them anything and they’ll give you an honest answer.

Sexual Exploration Between Boys