Home » Disorders » Depression » Suicidal Alter

Suicidal Alter

Asked by on with 1 answer:

Q: I have DID. One of the alters is extremely suicidal and I don’t know what to do. I need help before she carries out her plan. Help me please!!

Suicidal Alter

Answered by on -


First and most important, you should be seeing a therapist who specializes in Dissociative Identity Disorder. You need that support and direct help to marshal the other alters to manage the depressed one. Your internal group can protect the desperate one and, not incidentally, protect the rest of you, just as a group of good friends can gather around to support someone in the world.

I wish you well.
Dr. Marie

Suicidal Alter

Dr. Marie Hartwell-Walker

Dr. Marie is licensed as both a psychologist and marriage and family counselor. She specializes in couples and family therapy and parent education. Follow her on Facebook or Twitter.

APA Reference
Hartwell-Walker, D. (2018). Suicidal Alter. Psych Central. Retrieved on March 26, 2019, from
Scientifically Reviewed
Last updated: 8 May 2018
Last reviewed: By a member of our scientific advisory board on 8 May 2018
Published on Psych All rights reserved.