Home » Can I Become Pregnant if I Have Schizophrenia?

Can I Become Pregnant if I Have Schizophrenia?

Q. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia 2 years ago and I would like to know if I can be pregnant when I have schizophrenia. Is it possible for me to be pregnant?

A.

Barring any unexpected medical issues, you can have a diagnosis of schizophrenia and physically become pregnant. Having schizophrenia in no way makes you infertile or less likely to conceive a child. There are no physical ramifications or repercussions that occur in females that would prevent you from getting pregnant while you have a diagnosis of schizophrenia. Medically speaking, you are just as likely to become pregnant while being schizophrenic.

I am not sure if I answered this to your satisfaction but I would encourage you to write in again if you have a followup or a more nuanced question. Thanks for writing.