Home » Parenting » Who can help us with parenting issues?

Who can help us with parenting issues?

What type of therapist would we want to see for parenting advice/issues? I feel that my husband and I have different parenting styles and want to find our balance. We have a 5 year old & a 4 month old.

Who can help us with parenting issues?

A.

I am so glad that you and your husband can agree get some help with parenting while the children are still so young. That tells me that it is more important to each of you to take good care of your kids than it is to win an argument with each other. You can give yourselves a gold star from me.

Generally I advise that people who are primarily concerned with parenting issues look for a licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT). In order to be licensed, a therapist has to hold at least a masters degree, must fulfill two years of supervised family work under a master family therapist, and must pass a licensing examination.

You can search on therapistlocator.net for a family therapist near you.

Who can help us with parenting issues?