Home » Ask the Therapist » My Girlfriend is mad at me

My Girlfriend is mad at me

Well i went out last night and i was drinking and i had to much too drink then i ended up making a complete arse of myself and then some how i ended up upsetting her.What should i do?

My Girlfriend is mad at me

A.

Apologize. The bigger the “arse” you made of yourself, the bigger the apology required. Then take a careful look at what happened. Has your drinking gotten out of control? Do you and your girlfriend have a different idea about how to have a good time? Is it possible that she felt you weren’t considerate or respectful of her? You and your girlfriend need to talk it through. Apologies don’t mean much unless followed up by new understanding and a change in behavior.

My Girlfriend is mad at me