Home » Haunted by Past Events

Haunted by Past Events

Q. My problem is that every bad event that happened to me over the years of my 35 years of age is still haunting me, coming back to my mind on daily bases, specially and more commonly the events which involved fights or quarrels that I had to resort to anger management at the time of it’s occurrence, or the ones which I felt that I didn’t do enough when it happened.Those events keeps coming back to my mind forcibly as they seems to never eases or fade away.When they come to my mind they come in such a strength that makes adrenaline flow through my body and my muscles contracts as if I’m getting into a fight, and sometimes I start cursing and addressing the enemy of the moment or the person involved in that particular memory , but soon I come to senses as if I had woke up from some kind of a mental attack or a comma of some sort.

The issue is that it became a persistent fact which lives with me almost on daily bases. Also it aggravates my IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) as it’s hot temper related syndrome too.So I’m in a desperate need for an advise on what should I do , or if I should check with a certain doctor ?… many thanks in advance and regards.

Haunted by Past Events

A.

It is difficult to know why you are having these fits of rage or flashbacks. People who suffer with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) describe having very similar symptoms. PTSD is an anxiety disorder found among people who were exposed to a traumatic event in which grave physical harm occurred or had been threatened. The symptoms of PTSD include having persistent frightening thoughts and memories regarding their ordeal, feeling emotionally numb, especially towards the people you are most close to, or sleep problems, among other symptoms. Please read here for more information reading the signs and symptoms of PTSD.

You should have your symptoms evaluated by both a physician and then a psychiatrist. You should see a physician to rule out any medical causes of your coma-like blackouts. You may also consider seeing a therapist to help you deal with the negative past events that seem to be haunting you. A therapist can help you explore, understand and effectively process the past events that are currently causing you such grief in your life at this time. A therapist can also help you learn new or alternative anger management skills. Learning new skills may assist you with your current symptoms. There are also therapists who specialize in PTSD treatments and I would suggest considering seeing a specialist if you are indeed suffering from PTSD. I hope this helps. Take care.

Haunted by Past Events