Home » Parenting » My family can’t take another set-back.

My family can’t take another set-back.

I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS SITUATION IS MORE THAN YOU ARE ABLE TO ASSIST ME WITH? IF SO PLEASE ADVISE ME TO SOME MUCH NEEDED HELP FOR MY FAMILY. SIX MO AGO MY 29 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WAS DIAGNOSED W/ADULT OCD AND ADHD. SHE WAS PUT ON ADDERAL AND LUVOX. SHE WAS ALREADY TAKING HYDROCODINE FOR AN INJURY WHICH I DO NOT THINK SHE INFORMED THE SO CALLED OCD SPECIALIST ABOUT.

WITHIN 3 MO HER WEIGHT WAS AROUND 87LB AND HER LIFE WAS SPIRALING OUT OF CONTROL. SHE LOST A REMARKABLE JOB. THE ONLY WOMEN EVER APPOINTED TO THAT POSITION. HER OUT-BURST AND TEMPER WERE WORST THAN WE REMEMBER WHEN SHE LIVED AT HOME (WE JUST THOUGHT IT WAS TEENAGE REBELLION AND DID SEEK COUNCEL FOR HER). SHE WAS ABSOLUTLY MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY EXHAUSTED. SHE COULD NOT COOK,CLEAN,DRIVE OR DO ANYTHING FOR HERSELF. THERE WERE NASTY WOUNDS ON ON HER KNEE,TOES,FACE AND HANDS THAT WE COULD NOT IMAGINE WHAT WAS THE CAUSE.THIS IS WHY I STATED A SO CALLED “OCD SPECIALIST”. IT WAS NECCESSARY FOR HER TO LIVE WITH US NOW.

DURING THIS TIME SHE WAS DIAGNOSED WITH DELUSIONAL PARASITOSIS, HENSE THE LEGIONS. SHE WAS CONFENCED THAT INSECTS WERE UNDER HER SKIN AND THEY WERE GOING TO KILL HER. SHE DID NOT SLEEP AND ONLY ATE AT NIGHT B/C THEY WERE NOCTERNAL AND ONLY WANTED SWEETS. WE BELIEVE THAT THE ADDERAL AND PAINKILLERS PLAYED A HUGE PART IN THE BUT NO ONE HAS TOLD US IF THAT IS TRUE. MY 29 YEAR OLD HEALTY, AMBITIOUS, INDEPENDANT,DRIVEN,BEAUTIFUL EX MODEL AND BEAUTY QUEEN DAUGHTER WAS NOW LIVING IN HELL AND THE WHOLE FAMILY WAS LIVING IT WITH HER. IN ONE MONTH WE WENT, UPON HER UNCONTROLABLE SCREAMING, YELLING AND DEMANDING, TO 11 EMERGENCY ROOM VISITS. ALL IN DIFFERENT COUNTIES AND NOT ONE TIME DID ANYONE MENTION DP. WE HEARD THE WORD CRAZY AND SELF MUTILATOR
MORE THAN ONCE.

SHE GOT WORSE WITH EVERY PASSING NIGHT. DAYS WERE CALM B/C SHE SLEPT. I HOWEVER HAD TO STAY UP WITH HER AT NIGTH AND WORK DURING THE DAY. SHE INSISTED THAT YOU WATCH THE WORMS, BUGS AND INSECTS COME OUT OF HER SORES WITH HER. WE SPENT HOURS APON HOURS COLLECTING THINGS SHE PULLED FROM HER HANDS, FACE, CHEST ETC. FOR 2 MONTHS HERS AS WELL AS OUR LIFE WAS NOTHING LESS THAN A HELL ON EARTH!! SHE WAS GIVEN SEVERAL MEDS TO HELP HER SLEEP BUT NOTHING WORKED AS IT WAS DESIGHNED TO. SHE NO LONGER WAS ON THE ADDERAL AS FAR AS WE KNOW BUT SLEEP DID NOT COME B/C THE INSECTS AGAIN, WETRE NOCTERNAL. BY NOW I HAVE TAKEN HER TO SEE A WOUND SPECIALIST, PSYCS, INTERNIST, HERBAL AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST A DERMOTOLOGIST. HE WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT AN EXPLANATION THAT SHE HALF WAY EXCEPTED,SPARKING NERVE ENDINGS.
NERVES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL AS THOUGH YOU HAVE SOMETHING CRAWLING.

HE PERSCRIBED OREA? A MED THAT I READ ABOUT ON THE INTERNET FOR DP. WE ARE APPROCHING 3MOS NOW AND THOUGH THINGS ARE BETTER SHE STILL CAN NOT SLEEP, SHE HAS NITE MARES, HAS TO KEEP TELLING HERSELF THAT IT’S DELUTIONAL, SCATTERED BRAINED, ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE VERY STRESSED AND WORSE OF, CAN NOT WORK.

I HAVE TRIED TO CONDENCE 6 MOS OF HELL INTO SOMETHING THAT CAN BE MADE SENCE OF. I KNOW IT SEEMS ALOT BUT BELIEVE ME I HAVEN’T EVEN MENTIONED WATCHING A BANANA PEEL FOR 2 HOURS B/C SHE THOUGHT INSECTS WERE IN IT AND CAUSEING IT TO MOVE OR THE 4 DAYS SPENT IN A MENTAL WARD BY MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!

IS THIS NORMAL FOR PEOPLE DIAGNOSED WITH DP W/OCD AND I AM SURE THE ADULT ADHD DOES NOT HELP.

IF MY DAUGHTER DOES NOT RECEIVE SOME KIND OF HELP WE FEAR THAT THE NEXT TIME WILL SEND HER INTO THE DEPTHS OF HELL AND THIS TIME WE MAY LOSE HER FOREVER. THIS FAMILY CAN NOT TAKE ANOTHER SETBACK.
ANY INFORMATION YOU CAN PROVIDE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My family can’t take another set-back.

A.

What a nightmare!! I’m so, so sorry that you have all been through such a very difficult time. What concerns me most as I read your letter is that it doesn’t seem as though any of the specialists you have consulted have had all the information. Each appears to be working from their own orientation and without collaborating with the others. If I were in your shoes, I’d want to find a psychiatric facility where she could be kept safe while getting a total medical workup and perhaps where they would consider taking her off all the medications and starting again.

There are a number of medical conditions that can make a person act psychotic. Some people have reactions to medications that, again, make them look psychotic. And sometimes people (very capable, smart, wonderful people) do develop a genuine major mental illness that needs to be treated. I have no way of knowing, on the basis of a letter, which may be true for your daughter. All I can suggest to you is that you take a huge step back and get someone to help you look at the total situation instead of responding to each crisis as it comes.

My family can’t take another set-back.