Home » I really need some answers

I really need some answers

Q. Hi um i am a 14 year old that has suffered from Major Depression since i was 8. But my question that i need answered is that i’m not sure if i have DID or something else. Recently i’m not sure how long it’s been going on. I have been feeling like i have two sides, one of me is normal me and one comes out in situations like if i’m alone or in trouble, i get crazy ideas like fake suicide, grandtheft auto, hurting myself (which i have done) or hurt others. I’m scared of myself and feel very disconnected from myself when i change. I recently had a black out. I have lots of symptoms of DID, i get severe headaches and have done for about two months now i have panic attacks, i can’t remeber what i just talked about on the phone with my friend, I have seen things recently but when i look again they are gone, i get palpitations, nightmares, i have an extreme phobia of wolves, suicide attempts, self-mutilation, anxiety. I don’t know what is going on but i know that i am not always like that. When she comes out i am allways negative and she tells me to do things. She says some really nasty things about my self and others. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. I need some answers. And Mental health problems run in my family. Please help me.

I really need some answers

A.

It must really be frightening to be experiencing all that you have lately. I am sorry to say that I really do not know if you have DID; I cannot answer that question over the Internet. I do, however, have a few recommendations.

Because your symptoms are ever-changing and have been recently intensifying, it is imperative that you seek out help from a mental health professional. But first, go to your parents and tell them what you have been experiencing and ask for their help in this situation. Tell them that you need to be seen by a doctor. Tell your parents that you want to be evaluated both medically, to rule out any somatic problems, and psychiatrically. I hope that by talking to your parents, they can assist you in getting help so that you do not have to continue to experience these very serious symptoms. I hope this helps and I wish you well.

I really need some answers