Home » Is this incest or a non-event?

Is this incest or a non-event?

Q. When I was younger (about 10 or 11) me and my younger brother (7, 8 (can’t remember the exact age) were messing about wrestling when I got an erection. Now at this age I didn’t know what was happening and my younger brother asked what it was. I showed him and he showed me his penis. We also touched each other once. Nothing sexual happened, we didn’t do anything however lately (last few weeks) I feel strange and horrible and guilty whilst thinking about it… This was the only encounter and now at my age I know it’s wrong. I’m wondering does this make me weird as I didn’t know what was going on. I just feel weird about the issue and would like to know if it’s just curiosity on why we did it? And should I just forget about it?

Is this incest or a non-event?

A.

I do not think there was any more going on in the situation you described than curiosity. I do not think anything out of the ordinary occurred. I have heard many stories very similar to this making it a fairly normal occurrence. To answer your question precisely, you should just forget about it; this was not an act of incest in any form. Take care.

Is this incest or a non-event?