Home » Something isn’t right with my daughter.

Something isn’t right with my daughter.

My daughter is 14 and was put on ADD med last year, The way that she responds to situtations and with people I am starting to think that something is just not right. How can I find out what is going on with her mentally

Something isn’t right with my daughter.

A.

ADD medications, like any medication, need to be monitored carefully. The same medications and doses don’t work for every child. Some kids respond with serious side-effects. You didn’t say which medication so I can’t be specific. I suggest that you keep a careful record of your daughter’s moods and behaviors for a week or two and go back to the doctor with that information. Although there are many fine pediatricians who are doing a good job monitoring ADD meds, it is not their specialty. If you haven’t already, it might be a good idea to take your daughter (with your notes) to a child psychiatrist for an evaluation.
.

Something isn’t right with my daughter.