Home » Is it proper for a woman to visit male friends?

Is it proper for a woman to visit male friends?

Should a woman be alone in a house with 2 men she really don’t know too well? Is it proper for a woman who is in a relationship to go over and visit a house that 2 men are staying in, and it is only the three of them there. I have been with this person for 12 years and I don’t think its right. She said there is nothing wrong with it.

A.

Back in my grandmother’s time (bear in mind that I’m 60), people had clear rules for what is proper. White shoes should not be worn after Labor Day. A woman should not be seen with men she isn’t married to. Times have changed. Mutual trust and consideration are the foundation of any good relationship, not arbitrary rules. After 12 years together, I hope the two of you can talk this out calmly and take into account both your feelings and hers. Working it all the way through could deepen your understanding of each other and strengthen your relationship.