Home » What could be the matter with my son?

What could be the matter with my son?

My son is 9 1/2 and is not on any meds and has add. The last 3 weeks he is spinning around in music class, hitting himself on the head hard and loud and repeatedlymaking strange noises in class and disrupting everyone. Seems to have no self control and can be very defiant in his posture and behavior. The teacher will correct him and he stares at her/him with a blank stare and then continues to do the same thing. I’m sure he has ODD as well. He acts like he is mentally challenged with facial movements and things he says and does. He is regressing so it seems. I have a sister and a bil with bi-polar. He is a very angry child. He is not right. I am worried. What could it be?

What could be the matter with my son?

A.

This is very, very worrisome. I can’t tell you what is wrong on the basis of your letter. But whenever a child’s behavior changes this markedly, it is important to get a thorough evaluation. Something is clearly wrong. Please take him to your pediatrician for a complete medical work up. Also ask for a referral to a child psychiatrist. Early detection and treatment is essential for many conditions. The sooner you act, the better.

What could be the matter with my son?