Home » Disorders » Depression » Husband has horibble mood swings…

Husband has horibble mood swings…

Q: My husband of two years has never really been an overly happy on the outside type of person. He doesnt smile a lot, but he says he is very happy.
The past few months though he’s been going through these horrible mood swings. We have really great days together.But there are some days that he comes home from work, and he’s snapping at the kids and not hardly aknowledging me. I get very emotional about it and i ask him what is wrong. We end up in a fight where he just has the strangest look on his face, like an evil grin i would call it…a cocky look. Its not him. He says things that hurt, and when i start to defend myself he walks away.
This last one was really bad. He cursed me in front of the kids, then had the nerve to tell me he didn’t do that. He took a shower and when he came out, he looked at my red swollen eyes and asked me if i had been crying,I said don’t treat me like im stupid, of course i’m crying you’ve been so hateful. He said he didn’t know what i was talking about. He only remembered feeding the kids and taking a shower.
I feel like I’m going crazy…any clue to what im dealing with? He said he needs mental help

Husband has horibble mood swings…

A.

I can’t make a diagnosis on the basis of a letter, of course. But I can second your husband’s statement that he needs mental help. There are a number of mental illnesses that can cause someone to block out memory. I hope your husband is open to consulting with a psychologist or psychiatrist to get to the bottom of what is going on. It’s probably important for you to go with him to the appointment to describe what you are seeing since he often doesn’t seem to remember what he has done.

Husband has horibble mood swings