Home » Ask the Therapist » Should I Try to Get Pregnant Again?

Should I Try to Get Pregnant Again?

Q: I just went through a rough last 2 years, I just suffered 2 miscarriages and major surgery resulting in the removal of my right tub and ovary. I’ve been trying to get pregnant for the last 6 months and haven’t been lucky. The doctor says I still can but just haven’t…. what should I do?

A: Unfortunately I can’t answer this question for you. Only you can decide what your limits are and if you want to keep trying to get pregnant. You have to balance how you feel about it emotionally with how your body feels and what the doctors say. I’ve seen many situations where someone didn’t get pregnant until they address their psychological/emotional self. Maybe the universe knows that we have to learn to take care of ourselves before we can take care of another. I suggest prayer and/or meditation, talking with friends and family, trying a support group and just generally giving yourself time to heal from what you’ve been through. I know it’s cliché but if it’s meant to happen it will, but the timing has to be correct and we don’t always have control of that. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Should I Try to Get Pregnant Again?

A.
Should I Try to Get Pregnant Again?