Home » Pathological Liar

Pathological Liar

Q: I have searched online for help and I can not find any. I am really seeking help to stop lying and I wanted to know what I could do from home. I don’t have money for therapy and I just don’t see any online help available. It is about to cost me my marriage. I have to get help and my husband is to fed up to help me at this point.

A: I don’t know of any specific references to give you on this subject but you may try looking for support groups – both online and in person – or general forums on the topic. I would also do a search for self-help books that pertain to lying. However, I also suggest finding a therapist. Even if you don’t have insurance or are on a limited income you can find a community mental health center in your area, a church that offers counseling or a practice who offers a sliding scale. Many times people assume they can’t afford therapy without really looking at all the resources their community offers. Please try to get some professional help so you can get to the bottom of this before it destroys your relationships. Good luck.

Pathological Liar

A.
Pathological Liar