Home » Sometimes I feel like I am going to have a nervous breakdown.

Sometimes I feel like I am going to have a nervous breakdown.

Q: I don’t know if Im going insane or if I just need some anger management. Do you think this could be a result of resentment and just taking and taking and taking bullshit? Or am I nuts?

A: Confidential to Tennessee Mom: Your letter was too detailed to publish. If your husband read it, you could be at risk so I’m only showing that much.
No. You’re not going insane. You don’t need anger management training. You are in an abusive marriage and you are having panic attacks. Your whole system is telling you to get out of the situation. You are stuck because you are afraid to stay and you are afraid to leave. Since you don’t feel safe no matter what you do, the stress is coming out as physical symptoms like hyperventilating and a rapid heart rate. For the sake of your children and yourself, please call the National Domestic Violence hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233). There are people there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week who will talk with you and help you figure out what to do.

A.