Home » Depression » Depressed and can’t tell parents.

Depressed and can’t tell parents.

Q: I have taken many depression tests/quizzes and they say I may have sever depression. I don’t think my parents will believe me. My close friends have also been saying I seem depressed and such. What should I do?

A: Bottom line is that you have to find a way to talk to your parents so they can help you get to a therapist. If you don’t think you can do this on your own, maybe you could talk to another family member you trust such as a sibling or grandparent who then could help you tell your parents. You can also request to see your school counselor who can then guide you in the right direction. You might try writing a letter to your parents telling them how you feel and asking them for help. No matter what though, you have to talk to them before things get worse. Good luck.

Depressed and can’t tell parents.

A.
Depressed and can’t tell parents.