Home » Indifference

Indifference

Q. I’m not really sure what is wrong with me. I’m not depressed I have nothing to be depressed about, but I seem to be suffering from an extreme indifference to everything. My school work, my personal relationships, Life in general. I just don’t know why. I just seem to be accepting of everything. Nothing makes me feel emotion, even failing test grades. I guess I just want to know if there is a psychological reason for me feeling the way I do, or if this is just a phase that will pass?

A. I do not know enough about you from this short e-mail to know what exactly your problem may be. Having said that, I do think there is a “psychological” reason for your indifference. These emotions, or lack there of do not occur in a vacuum. That is, there is always a reason behind what is going on with you psychologically, even if it is not readily apparent to you. I would also say that your indifference may indeed be a sign of depression. Unless you have always been indifferent towards these aspects of your life, something has changed and there is a cause. Indifference is a sign of depression. Don’t let this go and think it’s only a phase. I am not sure if you are up to it but I would suggest that you seek help for what you consider “indifference” and what I consider signs of depression. Take care.

Indifference

A.
Indifference