Home » Disorders » Schizophrenia » Schizoaffective Disorder-Finding someone for “tough cases”

Schizoaffective Disorder-Finding someone for “tough cases”

Asked by on with 1 answer:

Q. I am been suffering from scizoaffective disorder for almost seven years now. Though I am a higher functioning individual, both a teacher and an engineer, I hear voices constantly, and sometimes these episodes are extremely painful, and sometimes last for several days at a a time. My grandfather suffered this illness, saw numerous doctors, tried numerous medications, to no avail…he eventually took his own life. I also have seen numerous doctors and tried numerous medications, (Xyprexa, Lithium, etc…) to no avail. I am looking for a real specialist in this area; someone who has successfully treated “difficult” cases? Can you help me?

Schizoaffective Disorder-Finding someone for “tough cases”

Answered by on -


I cannot recommend anyone specifically but you could check with the local universities for their recommendations. The universities may have local experts or maybe know of good referrals. Good luck.

Schizoaffective Disorder-Finding someone for “tough cases”

Kristina Randle, Ph.D., LCSW

Kristina Randle, Ph.D., LCSW is a licensed psychotherapist and Assistant Professor of Social Work and Forensics with extensive experience in the field of mental health. She works in private practice with adults, adolescents and families. Kristina has worked in a large array of settings including community mental health, college counseling and university research centers.

APA Reference
Randle, K. (2018). Schizoaffective Disorder-Finding someone for “tough cases”. Psych Central. Retrieved on March 22, 2019, from
Scientifically Reviewed
Last updated: 8 May 2018
Last reviewed: By a member of our scientific advisory board on 8 May 2018
Published on Psych All rights reserved.