We’re looking for a dynamic individual who can oversee our blogging network and entire social media (Facebook, Twitter & Pinte
rest) on our site as a part-time Associate Editor.
Psych Central is the Internet’s leading mental health network. We need someone who can help oversee our social media, blog networ
k and manage these responsibilities on a daily basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Being responsible for overseeing Psych Central’s blogging efforts, suggesting improvements in the network, managing existing
bloggers, improving communication amongst the group
- Conducting outreach with current bloggers, touching base with them regularly
- Moderating all blogs’ comments for blogs who don’t manage their own comments
- Helping with end users’ and bloggers’ technical issues/troubleshooting posting to a blog (e.g., insert an image, fix formatti
ng issues, un-spam a comment)
- Identify and engage guest bloggers, as well as vet submissions
- Post social media updates on our 3 social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest) 2-3 times/day
- Answer questions from end users on social media as they arise
- Coordinate and host occasional chats on Facebook and Twitter
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree or actively working toward one
- Experience using WordPress versions 3.x and higher
- Experience with either personal or corporate blog publishing
- Familiarity with HooteSuite
- Must be computer literate and Internet/search engine (SEO) savvy
- Must be personable and have the ability to help walk people through steps to help them blog successfully
- Basic HTML understanding and skillset (fixing simple HTML problems in WordPress)
- Understanding of various social media sites including Facebook & Twitter
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Assist management in identifying opportunities based on new developments in the mental health & psychology blogosphere
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
This is a part-time, independent contractor position of between 25 to 30 hours/week.
The ideal candidate understands that this is a great position for someone who has a flexible schedule and can work reliably on a
You should be self-managing, responsible, and be someone that can work largely on your own with minimal direction and supervision
This is a work-at-home position only. You must be a U.S. resident to apply.
How To Apply
Sorry, this position is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
Psych Central is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.