This newsgroup is for the posting and distribution of announcements of conferences, workshops, job vacancies, and other materials that would be of interest to professionals, academics and consumers in the field of psychology.
Articles not acceptable for posting would be announcements of one's unemployment (and request for a position), and similar types of articles. This is a loosely moderated group, moderation mainly being used to screen out irrelevant, non-psychology articles, etc.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINESSci.psychology.announce is moderated by:
Submissions should be sent to:
Questions regarding submissions and other requests should be sent to:
SPECIFIC SUBMISSION RULES
- Articles should be checked for spelling and formatted with a line length of less than 72 columns, or else they will be automatically rejected.
- Articles will also be automatically rejected if they are crossposted to non-psychology related newsgroups. Please resubmit the article and post it only to sci.psychology.announce and other psychology newsgroups if this happens.
- Articles advertising one's own personal resume or vita, or asking for any job opening will automatically be rejected out of hand. They are not appropriate to this newsgroup.
- Followups-To: and Reply-To: headers will be set to the appropriate address or newsgroup at the moderator's discretion.
Articles posted to the newsgroup are automatically redirected to the submission address, as is done on all moderated newsgroups.
- If accepted, the article will be posted to sci.psychology.announce in a couple of days. (Please be patient.)
- Since most articles are written and sent to me through newsreaders and various mail transports across the 'net, it is recommended that authors hold onto a copy of their submitted article in case of loss.
- If the article is not accepted, the moderator will notify you of the rejection and give a brief explanation of why it was not accepted. Articles can be resubmitted for further consideration.
Last reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 20 May 2003
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.