March of Dimes, Johnson & Johnson Pediatric Institute
The March of Dimes is taking the best available thinking about how to prevent premature birth and putting it to the test. Together with the Johnson & Johnson Pediatric Institute, L.L.C., the March of Dimes will announce a Prematurity Prevention Initiative in Kentucky to see if bundling together proven interventions can lower a community's rate of preventable preterm births.
Time: 10:30 a.m. press conference
Date: Tuesday Nov. 14
Place: Norton Suburban Hospital, Louisville
Prior to the press conference there will be a limited opportunity for the media to tour the hospital's neonatal intensive care unit. Please contact Brian Rublein, at Norton Suburban Hospital at 502.629.8840. in advance to make arrangements for the tour.
Speakers at the press conference will include:
Jon Cooper, associate vice president of Operations, Norton Suburban Hospital
- Dr. Jennifer L. Howse, president, March of Dimes
- Mark D. Birdwhistell, secretary, Kentucky Cabinet for Health & Family Services
- Jennifer Dickerson, who will tell her personal story of prematurity
- Dr. David R. Smith, president, State University of NY Upstate Medical University and
- March of Dimes Board of Trustees Prematurity Campaign
- Dr. Terry Cohen, Neonatologist
- Bonnie J. Petrauskas, director, Johnson & Johnson Pediatric Institute, L.L.C.
For more information contact:
For the March of Dimes:
Elizabeth Lynch, (914) 997-4286, (914) 953-1089, [email protected]
For the Johnson & Johnson Pediatric Institute:
Jennifer Robinson, gabbegroup, 212-220-4444, [email protected]
Last reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 21 Feb 2009
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.