18th EORTC -- NCI -- AACR Symposium
'Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics'
Tuesday 7 November – Friday 10 November 2006 – Prague, Czech Republic
[Prague Congress Centre, 5 kvetna 65, CZ-140 21 Prague 4]
There are just three weeks to go to this joint European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer, US National Cancer Institute and American Association for Cancer Research conference.
- Cutting edge information on new cancer drug research and development from experts in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia.
- Free registration to bona fide media with official press credentials
- Media centre with free computing, fax, international phone and internet facilities
- Two news briefings [12.30 hrs CET: Wednesday 8 November & Thursday 9 November]
Topics at the news briefing or to be press-released include:
- MEK inhibitor produces stable disease in advanced solid cancers; phase II trials started
- Drug that interrupts a key stage of cell division shows promise in patients with solid tumours
- New evidence that embryonic stem cell vaccinations prevent lung cancer in mice – this raises the possibility of preventing a range of cancers in humans
- Scientists discover new way to block growth of prostate cancer cells; patient trials planned
- Remarkable results from treating kidney cancer patients before surgery with bevacizumab and erlotinib
- Researchers identify cells that make relapse inevitable after treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukaemia – now new therapies can be designed to target these cells
- Diptheria toxin used in new immunotherapy against melanoma in humans; promising results from phase II trial
- Scientists design a PSA-activated drug that kills prostate cancer. It has potential for treating men with locally recurrent or advanced disease, or with benign prostatic hyperplasia – phase I trial now under way
- Patients respond well to first study to test higher doses of an immunoconjugate anti-cancer drug; clinical trial reveals limited side effects and evidence that it can stabilise disease
- Apoptotic and anti-angiogenic therapies work better together than alone in tests on Ewing's sarcoma in mice – patient trials planned
Please note: information above on news briefing & press release topics is for information only and is embargoed until the time of the news briefings or press releases.
The conference is an opportunity for the media to listen and talk to some of the 2,000 European, American and other international experts in oncology gathered in Prague to share findings on the latest research on new molecular targets, designer diagnostics and prognostics, smart drugs and other novel approaches to treatment.
NB: the official language of the conference is English. All press materials will be in English.
If you haven't yet registered, a registration form is available from:
Emma Mason (media relations)
Tel: +44 (0) 1376 563090 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A registration form (plus further information and the media policy) is also available from the EORTC conference website: http://www.eortc.be/
Czech-In is the official accommodation agent for EORTC-NCI-AACR 2006.
Hotel accommodation can be booked directly via the EORTC website or by contacting:
5. kvetna 65
140 21 Praha 4
Tel.: +420 261 174 305
Fax: +420 261 174 307
By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on
21 Feb 2009
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.
A psychiatrist asks a lot of expensive questions
that your wife will ask for free.
-- Joey Adams