Blazing the Trail receives the IAA Luigi Napolitano Award
Mike Gruntman, professor and chair of astronautics at the University of Southern California, received the Luigi Napolitano Award (2006) from the International Academy of Astronautics for his book Blazing the...
Click here for more information.
Mike Gruntman, professor and chair of astronautics at the University of Southern California, received the Luigi Napolitano Award (2006) from the International Academy of Astronautics for his book Blazing the Trail: The Early History of Spacecraft and Rocketry, published by the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
Blazing the Trail (ISBN-13: 978-1-56347-705-8) is available at www.aiaa.org/books for $59.95 ($44.95 for AIAA members).
The award is given annually to recognize excellence in recent publications (less than three years) made by an individual or a group non-member of the International Academy of Astronautics in any field related to space.
Previous awards include:
- 2005--Fundamentals of Space Medicine
- Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 2003, Gilles Clement
- 2004-- Spacecraft System Engineering, Wiley Publishers, 1991, 1995 and 2003, Peter Fortescue and John Stark
- 2003--World without Gravity, Research in Space for Health and Industrial Processes, ESA Publications Division, 2001, The Netherlands, Guenter Seibert
- 2002--The Route Towards Cosmic Man, Leal, Uteha, Noriega Editores, Mexico, 1999, Ramiro Iglesias
By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on
21 Feb 2009
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.
The time is always right to do what is right.
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.