31st ESMO Congress
The medical oncology congress in Europe
For the first time at the ESMO Congress:
- The Highlights of the day session: summary sessions of topics from the preceding day aiming to give an overview of the most interesting and important points to emerge from previous sessions.
- Late-breaking abstracts: oral sessions to present latest research studies with new research findings
- The fifth ESMO Patient Seminar where patients will have the chance to meet oncologists and hear about the conditions of cancer treatment in Europe; discuss and confront doctors about patient expectations in terms of communication; learn how to best live with cancer and access the best cancer care. A keynote lecturer will be Adamos Adamou, MEP, speaking about inequalities in cancer care in Europe.
- A record of 14 educational sessions to present state-of-the-art oncology.
- The third batch of ESMO Designated Centers of Integrated Oncology and Palliative Care will be announced as centers of excellence for patient care in Europe.
- A session on ESMO Minimum Clinical Recommendations will update current ESMO Guidelines on clinical practice for various tumor types.
- Oncology Highlights of the most important advances in cancer treatment in 2006.
- Controversy sessions will create once again lively discussions on quite emotive topics.
Direct interactions, discussions and interviews available with
- Authors of important studies
- ESMO Faculty experts
- Noted oncologists representing various countries
- Cancer patients
Scheduled Press Conferences
- Press Breakfast
Saturday, 30 September 2006, 9:30-10:30, ESMO Press Room
- Press Conference #1
Saturday, 30 September 2006, 12:45 13:45, Press Conference Room
- Press Conference #2
Sunday, 1 October 2006, 12:30 13:30, Press Conference Room
- Press Conference #3
Monday, 2 October 2006, 13:00 14:00, Press Conference Room
Free Media Registration is granted to all bona fide media representatives. Media registration details available at http://www.esmo.org/activities/esmocongress/registration_cng/media_cng/
Last reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 30 Apr 2016
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.