AGD2006Denver: The only meeting for the entire dental team
Chicago (July 31, 2006) -- The Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) will hold its 54th Annual Meeting & Exposition in Denver from August 2 – 6, 2006. The meeting will offer attendees an opportunity to earn a year's worth of continuing dental education (CDE) while networking with peers dedicated to excellent patient care through lifelong learning. The AGD2006DENVER meeting is once again jointly sponsored with the American Dental Assistants Association (ADAA).
"Building on our tradition to provide the best continuing education opportunities available, we have assembled a group of top clinicians to provide our attendees with a full year's worth of quality continuing education in one place," says AGD President Bruce A. Burton, DMD, MAGD, ABGD. "Our meeting will feature exciting new courses and more convenience than ever, combined with the excellence in continuing dental education that our members and meeting participants expect from the AGD."
Meeting attendees will be able to earn a year's worth of high quality continuing education credits. AGD2006DENVER also offers exciting networking opportunities at various social functions and extended and exclusive Exhibit Hall hours. The AGD is also offering:
- Dr. Jon Suzuki's "Contemporary Clinical Periodontics" lecture, which emphasizes the new trends and concepts in periodontal diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Dr. Karl Koerner's highly successful, continuously sold-out program, "Oral Surgery in General Practice: Faster, Easier, More Predictable".
- The AGD's "Fellowship Examination Review Course," which has been updated for 2006. This course is a must for dentists interested in pursuing the prestigious AGD Fellowship Award.
Meeting attendees will be able to attend the following:
- Keynote speaker, Erik Weinhenmayer, the first blind man in history to climb Mt. Everest
- Nationally-recognized comedian Tom Papa
- All lectures and capsule clinics scheduled Thursday through Sunday
- Entrance to the exhibit hall, featuring more than 250 exhibit booths
AGD2006DENVER will take place at the Colorado Convention Center, which is known as one of the most "user friendly" meeting facilities ever built. The AGD estimates as many as 5,000 dentists, hygienists, dental assistants and office staff will visit main attractions and have an impact on area tourist attractions such as:
- Rocky Mountains
- Denver Botanic Gardens
- U.S. Mint
- Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- The Coors Brewery
- Denver Art Museum
Register online by visiting http://www.agd.org/denver06/. The ADAA will conduct meetings in conjunction with AGD2006DENVER.
About the AGD
The AGD is a professional association of more than 35,000 general dentists dedicated to staying up-to-date in the profession through continuing education. Founded in 1952, the AGD has grown to become the world's second largest dental association and the only association that exclusively represents the needs and interests of general dentists. A general dentist is the primary care provider for patients of all ages and is responsible for the diagnosis, treatment, management and overall coordination of services related to the patient's oral health needs.
Last reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 30 Apr 2016
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.