EnerGuide: Government of Canada presents vehicle awardsThis press release is also available in French.
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) recognized the most fuel-efficient cars and light trucks today through the EnerGuide Awards presented at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto.
"The Government of Canada is proud to recognize the accomplishments of these automakers," said the Honourable Gary Lunn, Minister of Natural Resources. "Half of every individual Canadian's greenhouse gas emissions come from driving, so building and promoting cleaner vehicles is a great way to reduce greenhouse gas emissions." As well, the 2006 Fuel Consumption Guide offers consumers additional advice, allowing them to compare fuel consumption ratings and check carbon dioxide emissions of passenger cars and light-duty vehicles sold in Canada.
The 2006 EnerGuide Awards, administered by NRCan's Office of Energy Efficiency, go to the manufacturers of the most fuel-efficient vehicles for the 2006 model year in ten categories. The winning manufacturers and vehicles are as follows:
- Honda Canada -- two-seater car (Insight), compact car (Civic Hybrid), minivan (Odyssey EX-L and Touring);
- Toyota Canada -- subcompact car (gasoline) (Yaris), mid-size car (Prius), station wagon (gasoline) (Matrix -- co-winner);
- Ford Motor Company of Canada -- pickup truck (Ranger -- co-winner), special purpose vehicle (Escape Hybrid);
- General Motors of Canada -- large van (Chevrolet Express Cargo and GMC Savana Cargo -- co-winners), station wagon (gasoline) (Pontiac Vibe -- co-winner);
- Volkswagen Canada -- subcompact car (diesel) (New Beetle TDI Diesel), station wagon (diesel) (Jetta TDI Diesel Wagon);
- Hyundai Auto Canada — full-size car (Sonata); and
- Mazda Canada -- pickup truck (B2300 -- co-winner).
This release has been updated since it was originally posted.
The Fuel Consumption Guide is available from participating new vehicle dealerships, motor vehicle licence agency offices, Canadian Automobile Association offices across Canada or on the Web at www.vehicles.gc.ca.
FOR BROADCAST USE:
The Government of Canada has recognized the manufacturers of the most fuel-efficient cars and light trucks in Canada. Natural Resources Canada presented the EnerGuide Awards to the winning manufacturers today at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto.
For more information, media may contact:
Natural Resources Canada
NRCan's news releases and backgrounders are available at www.nrcan.gc.ca/media.
Last reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 30 Apr 2016
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.