International Conference on the History of Alchemy and Chymistry
To celebrate the installation of the Roy G. Neville Historical Chemical Library, CHF is sponsoring an international conference on the history of alchemy and chymistry (an inclusive term from the periods when alchemy and chemistry were not sharply distinguished). The event will provide an opportunity for scholars to come together to evaluate and extend the significant advances in our understanding of the early history of chemistry made in the past two decades.
More than 30 papers are expected, covering a wide range of topics from various time periods and cultural contexts, and featuring approaches from several disciplinary perspectives. A key aspect of the conference is to identify and encourage promising young scholars and to help them build collaborative bridges with each other and with senior scholars.
- Peter Forshaw, Birkbeck College, University of London
- Bernard Joly, Université de Lille III
- Didier Kahn, Université Paris IV Sorbonne
- Sylvain Matton, Centre Nationale de Recherche Scientifique, Paris
- Bruce Moran, University of Nevada, Reno
- William R. Newman, Indiana University, Bloomington
- Tara Nummedal, Brown University
- Barbara Obrist, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris
- Claus Priesner, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, Munich
- Jole Shackleford, University of Minnesota
By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on
21 Feb 2009
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
~ Japanese Proverb