Help for foreign scientists and students affected by Hurricane Katrina


The National Academies have assembled a Web page to assist foreign scientists and students displaced by Hurricane Katrina. The Web page,, provides easy access to information on visas and lost travel documents, emergency housing, how to contact displaced people, academic assistance for uprooted students and professors, and hiring practices for hurricane evacuees.

The National Academies comprise the National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, Institute of Medicine, and National Research Council. They are private, nonprofit institutions that provide science, technology, and health policy advice under an 1863 congressional charter. For more information, visit

Source: Eurekalert & others

Last reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 21 Feb 2009
    Published on All rights reserved.