The BA Festival of Science
The BA Festival of Science will be in Dublin from 3-10 September, bringing over 300 of the UK and Ireland's top scientists and engineers to discuss the latest developments in science with the public. In addition to talks and debates at Trinity College Dublin, there will be a host of events throughout the city as part of the Science in the City programme.
Each year, the Festival generates hundreds of media stories in the UK and beyond.
Here is just a taster of what's to come at the Festival...
- Setting the agenda for science – the BA Presidential Address with Professor Robert Winston
- The allergy epidemic: can a worm a day keep asthma at bay?
- Africa's rainbow revolution
- The future of civil aviation: the search for silent aircraft
- Celebrity diets, obesity and hormones: what does science have to say?
- Global biological change and sustainability
- Is there a future for energy crops?
- A carnival of the senses: how human senses influence each other
- Life-swapping in cyber suburbia – the problem of stolen identity and the internet
Source: Eurekalert & othersLast reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 21 Feb 2009
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.
It is never too late to give up your prejudices.
-- Henry David Thoreau