Scientific meeting in Denver to include results of more than 900 new research studies
Who: The American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO) – the world's largest radiation oncology society
What: 47th Annual Scientific Meeting - "Expanding the Horizons of Radiation Therapy"
When: October 16 – 20, 2005
Where: Colorado Convention Center, Denver, Colorado, U.S.A
Why: More than 10,000 top cancer doctors and scientists from around the world will be in attendance to hear the results of 930 new research studies about the latest cancer advances.
The following hot topics will be highlighted at the meeting:
- How innovative technologies are improving radiation treatment for cancer.
- New ways of combining chemotherapy, radiation and surgical therapies.
- The latest advances in diagnosing and treating prostate, lung, breast, brain, blood and colorectal cancers.
- How the newest targeted therapies are helping patients beat cancer. Available to qualified journalists:
- Complementary meeting registration and refreshments.
- Access to on site news briefings. NEW!
- Access to on site press room, offering computer workstations, printers, fax machines, telephones and data lines.
To register for the meeting, please visit the Annual Meeting Media Corner online at http://www.astro.org/annual_meeting/media_corner/ or call 1-800-962-7876.
Source: Eurekalert & othersLast reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 21 Feb 2009
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
-- Albert Einstein