ESMO Scientific & Educational Conference (ESEC)
2-5 June 2005, Budapest, Hungary
ESEC 2005 Highlights
- The future in genomics and proteomics
- Assessing risk in cancer patients
- Avoiding side-effects of cancer therapy
- Development of cancer-killing viruses
- How communities can fight tobacco addiction
- State-of-the-art oncology for various tumor types
Some other special features
- New and updated ESMO Minimum Clinical Recommendations will present a global overview on current ESMO clinical guidelines used in everyday practice.
- An ESMO Handbook on Oncological Emergencies (the first in a series) will launch and be distributed to all oncologists attending the conference.
- A keynote lecture on the status of oncology in Central and Eastern European Countries will address differences in cancer epidemiology.
- A fourth ESMO Patient Seminar on cancer in Eastern Europe will be organized for local patients to meet international oncologists, as well as share and discuss experiences on available cancer treatments.
- The second Young Medical Oncologists Masterclass will provide young doctors with an expert insight and valuable suggestions on scientific publications and research.
- Oncology Highlights of the most important advances in cancer treatment presented at other cancer conferences.
Scheduled Press Conference
Friday, 3 June 2005, 13:00-14:00
Topics to be confirmed.
Assisting you in Budapest
A Press Center will provide you with information, resources, and expert opinion. In addition to attending the Press Conference you will also have access to all the scientific sessions. (Please visit www.esmo.org/ESEC/Budapest2005/Program.htm for the ESEC preliminary program.)
Free Media Registration is granted to all bona fide media representatives.
The Media Registration Form can be requested to the ESMO Communication Dept. ([email protected]).
Details about hotel accommodation are available at www.esmo.org/ESEC/Budapest2005/Accommodation.htm
For those who will not be able to come to Budapest, a press kit will be made available upon request. (Please complete the appropriate section on the Media Registration Form.)
Source: Eurekalert & othersLast reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 21 Feb 2009
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.