Not to be missed
New Addition: GSA Special Session
Tuesday, November 23, 10:30am
Marriott Wardman Park – Maryland Room
"Confronting Ageism and Economics in Promoting Elder Health"
- Is a healthy lifestyle affordable and accessible?
- Can promotion and prevention reduce health disparities?
- Are drugs the answer--does our obsession with drugs undermine personal and public investment in prevention?
Come and have a voice in this interactive session.
Our speakers will share their views on opportunities and challenges and ask you to contribute your opinions, respond to your colleagues and start to define a path of action! What should we do, as gerontologists and geriatricians, as researchers, educators and practitioners, to promote elder health?
- Terrie Wetle, Ph.D., GSA President and Associate Dean of Medicine for Public Health and Public Policy, Brown Univ.
- Jessie Gruman, Ph. D., President of the Center for the Advancement of Health, Washington, DC.
- Marie A. Bernard, M.D., Professor and Chairman of the Donald W. Reynolds Department of Geriatric Medicine, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine and Chair, Minority Task Force, NIA Advisory Council
Source: Eurekalert & othersLast reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 21 Feb 2009
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.
Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.
-- Carl Jung