Discusses new approaches to infectious disease
The initial results of a Phase III clinical trial in India for a low-cost drug to cure a deadly parasitic disease will be presented by Victoria Hale, Ph.D., founder and CEO of the Institute for OneWorld Health, the first nonprofit pharmaceutical company in the U.S. The results will be made at the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene conference to be held Nov. 7-11 at the Fontainebleau Hilton Resort in Miami. Executives from OneWorld Health will also appear on numerous panels at the conference. The company will be represented at booth 16.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Monday, Nov. 8
- Victoria Hale, Ph.D., will chair a panel, "New Approaches to Effective, Affordable Treatment and Prevention of Pediatric Diarrhea in the Developing World."
- 10:15a – 12:30p, Brittany/Champagne
- Victoria Hale, Ph.D., will deliver an oral presentation, "Paromomycin as a New Cure for Visceral Leishmaniasis: Initial Results of a Phase III Multicenter, Randomized, Controlled, Clinical Trial to Assess Safety and Efficacy."
- 1:45p – 2:00p, LeMans/Bordeaux/Burgundy
Tuesday, Nov. 9
- Poster session A, "Paromomycin as a New Cure for Visceral Leishmaniasis: Initial Results of a Phase III Multicenter, Randomized, Controlled, Clinical Trial to Assess Safety and Efficacy."
- 12:05p – 1:30p, Fontainebleau CD
Wednesday, Nov. 10
- Ahvie Herskowitz, M.D., Chief Operating Officer, will discuss "Pediatric Analysis of Paromomycin for Visceral Leishmaniasis" on a panel, "Progress in Developing Novel Global Health Products."
- 2:30p – 4:20p, Fontainebleau B
Thursday, Nov. 11
- Victoria Hale, Ph.D., will discuss "The New Role for Nonprofits in Facilitating Drug Development for Tropical Diseases" as part of "New Drugs for Parasitic Diseases: Meeting the Challenge."
- 8:00a – 9:50a, Fontainebleau C
Source: Eurekalert & othersLast reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 21 Feb 2009
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.
Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be.
-- Clementine Paddelford