5th Annual Naval-Industry Research and Development Partnership Conference
WHAT: Naval-Industry Research and Development Partnership Conference
WHEN: August 3-6, 2004
WHERE: Ronald Reagan Building, 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC Room Continental A will be available to the media for Internet and phone access.
Arlington, VA -- As the Navy's investment engine for naval transformation, the Office of Naval Research brings the very latest technologies from industry and academia to our operational naval forces. The Naval-Industry R&D Partnership Conference explores the acceleration of the discovery to deployment process to cultivate meaningful partnerships between government, industry, and academia--partnerships that address cultural barriers and leverage innovative concepts, technologies, and business practices to meet the nation's global security demands.
The conference will bring together innovative thinkers from defense, industry, and academia to address defense transformation, emerging business theories and practices, and Naval Power 21--the Navy/Marine Corps global security strategy that forms a crucial part of our nation's joint force concept.
- The Honorable Gordon R. England, Secretary of the Navy
- Admiral Vern Clark, Chief of Naval Operations
- Admiral Edmund P. Giambastiani, Commander of U.S. Joint Forces Command
- Vice Admiral Arthur K. Cebrowski (Ret.), Director of Force Transformation, Office of the Secretary of Defense
- Rear Admiral Jay M. Cohen, Chief of Naval Research
Highlights of the Fifth Annual Naval-Industry R&D Conference:
- Pre-conference workshops
- Open Innovation Marketplace with more than 150 technology exhibits
- Pre-arranged sidebars between primes and small businesses / government and industry
- Breakout sessions on radical innovation, network-centric warfare, and more
- Post-conference open forum addressing future concepts under development at ONR, and industry innovations
Source: Eurekalert & othersLast reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 21 Feb 2009
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.
Curiosity is lying in wait for every secret.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson