The Alzheimer's Association invites you to the world's largest research conference on Alzheimer's disease
Join leading experts from around the world to learn about groundbreaking research into the causes, prevention, progression, and treatment of Alzheimer's disease and related disorders. Presented by the Alzheimer's Association, The 9th International Conference on Alzheimer's Disease & Related Disorders takes place at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia from July 18-22, 2004.
For full information about the conference, including news conferences, plenary sessions, and news media registration, please visit www.alz.org/internationalconference/media.htm.
News Briefing Topics & Times
Sunday, July 18
- Prevention of Alzheimer's Disease: Expediting the Process (8:45 am)
- Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI): Is it Pre-Alzheimer's? (12:30 pm)
Monday, July 19
- From Hopeless to Hopeful: Alzheimer Progress and Outlook (7:45 am)
- Lifestyle Risk Factors in Alzheimer's Disease (12:30 pm)
Tuesday, July 20
- Alzheimer Risk Factors: The Head/Heart Connection (7:45 am)
- Observing Alzheimer's in the Living Brain (12:30 pm)
Wednesday, July 21
- Cultural Issues in Alzheimer Research, Risk and Diagnosis (7:45 am)
- New Treatment Direction: Anti-Amyloid Therapies (12:30 pm)
Thursday, July 22
- Late Breaking Topics In Alzheimer's Disease (7:45 am)
Reporters will have opportunities to conduct face-to-face interviews to learn more about:
- Risk factors
- Possible prevention strategies
- Early detection/Early intervention
- Causes and disease mechanisms
- Care issues
Source: Eurekalert & othersLast reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 21 Feb 2009
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.
Happiness depends on ourselves.