The European Commission (EC), DG Research, in collaboration with the Washington Research Evaluation Network (WREN) and the Office of Science of the United States (US) Department of Energy will hold a workshop on "Performance Assessment of Public Research, Technology and Development (RTD) Programmes" in Brussels on 17-18 June 2004.
The two-day workshop will serve as a forum for the EU and US research and development (R&D) community to explore new approaches to improve the assessment of public RTD programmes performance.
The workshop will address the following topics:
- Impact of research on growth and innovation;
- Exchange of data between nations in order to facilitate comparisons;
- Value creation through research collaboration platforms and networks;
- US President's management agenda and the Federal Performance Assessment Rating Tool (PART);
- Linking technical, socio-economic, and investment objectives to RTD evaluation;
- Science indicators and R&D methodological models.
Representatives from the EC, the US Department of Energy and WREN, as well as from other international universities and institutes will present their views, research evaluation methodologies and best practices learnt from relevant initiatives and activities undertaken on both sides of the Atlantic.
Source: Eurekalert & othersLast reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 21 Feb 2009
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.
The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
~ Abraham Lincoln